Author Topic: Vid: Temptation Waits  (Read 1770 times)

Offline RadiantAerynSun

• Scaper
  • This plan is so bad, it must be one of ours.
Vid: Temptation Waits
« on: October 17, 2005, 09:09:09 PM »
This is a look at Scorpius and his obsession with John/wormholes, with Scorpy doing a little 'reflecting' on his own life here as well. I've been a huge fan of Garbage's Temptation Waits for years and one day it just said "Scorpius" to me. I'm a slow vidder even on my best days, but this vid was quite a challenge as I wanted to do this amazing character justice as well as honor a great song. I hope I was able to do at least a little bit of both.

Temptation Waits 47mb

ETA: I've just put up a smaller file, (in place of the previous 64.8mb version.) I also have an even smaller version rendered and I'd be happy to send the link to anyone who would like it. Just let me know. :)

Temptation Waits

I'll tell you something
I am a wolf but
I like to wear sheep's clothing

I am a bonfire
I am a vampire
I'm waiting for my moment

You come on like a drug
I just can't get enough
I'm like an addict coming at you for a little more
And there's so much at stake
I can't afford to waste
I never needed anybody like this before

I'll tell you something
I am a demon
Some say my biggest weakness
I have my reasons
Call it my defense
Be careful what you're wishing

You come on like a drug
I just can't get enough
I can't afford to waste

You are a secret
A new possession
I like to keep you guessing

You come on like a drug
I just can't get enough
I can't afford to waste

When I'm not sure what I'm living for
(When I'm not sure who I am)
When I'm not sure what I'm looking for

When I'm not sure what I'm living for.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:07:34 PM by RadiantAerynSun »

HumansRSuperior

Re: Vid: Temptation Waits
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:20:03 PM »
YES! FINALLY!

RAS, I LOVE YOU!  :hyper: :hyper: Once again you've wiped my mind blank with awe!  :o You've made me think I should retire from vidding! You've made me keel over backwards with amazement!  :thud: THIS - VID - KICKS - ASS!  :veryhappy:

Overlays! Here, there, EVERYWHERE! And oh how beautiful they are! They made a gorgeous picture; your choice of clips is perfect - so much that I don't know how else to describe it! And I love the wormhole in Scorpius' eye! That is just so cool looking! I'm totally jealous - I don't know how to do that!  :faint: And I LOVE the clips from LGM starting at 2:19!!! Tell me, I beg you, how you got the clips to do that cool jittery, shaky thing? I have Vegas too, so pleaaaaaaaaaaase!  :bow2: I want to know!

I love it I love it I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!  :heartbeat: :mushy: :lovies: :thud: :hug:

Well worth the wait. Totally. Absolutely. If you don't win something for this at Burbank I'm gonna sue somebody!  :rollingpin:

Okay, I need to stop now before I get so excited I pass out!  :faint:

Offline Scarran Pimpernel

• His Divine shadow
  • Astronut
  • Got milk?
    • Anubis Media
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:26:26 PM »
Cool vid, great editing job.

Besides Scorpy is my hero.

We are so pleased, we are going to watch it again ;D
Fear is the mind killer

Kiss me, baby, I am Scarran.

-Call me Ishmael...
-Why?
-Cause I feel like it at the moment.

http://www.avenuepotter.com/~scarrenp/indexA.htm

FahrbotDrusilla

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:48:25 PM »
Ohh... I was vidding this too :( Oh well wasn't gonna get done anyway... off to download.

Offline LT Garrix

• Crais and Talyn are alive!
  • Scaper
  • Crais is alive!
    • Farscape Connection
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:48:32 PM »
Excellent Scorpy vid. Nice use of long fades and overlays to really set the mood.

All around excellent. The timing was wonderful and the clip choices couldn't have been better. I especially loved the ghosting to the discordant part of the song. That was a great choice to accentuate the music.

Awesome job. :clap2:

Offline chasa

• Gone viddin'
  • Scaper
    • DearOne.net
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 12:12:28 AM »
It's done!!  Yay! :clap2:  I've really been looking forward to seeing this and you did such a fabulous job with it.  Starting with a great song never hurts, and I *adore* this one.  Aside from having lots of great musical texture to which you matched the editing so well, it's lyrically ripe for exploring some of the vulnerability and uncertainty in Scorpy as a character -- the fact that he's obsessed with John/wormholes like it's a physical addiction, and the references to his parentage/upbringing. Some moments I loved were the first chorus, with the rush of Aurora chair visuals, the nasty brain-snacking and the clip of Scorpy implanting the chip for the "coming at your for a little more" lyric.  That sequence had such impact.  Then I found myself perversely enjoying the blood pact scene to the "never needed anybody like this before" line -- dunno if it makes sense, but I love how primal that scene feels when set to Shirley Manson's vocal (versus a male vocal).  Loved the whole second verse and how you worked the "weaknesses" of his cross-bred parentage into that.  The shaking and heavy ghosting at the beginning of the instrumental bridge is definitely very effective.  Possibly my favorite moment of the whole vid is Scorpy's gleefully nefarious smile at the "keep you guessing" lyric...a perfect character moment in an outstanding vid!  Couldn't think of a better way to introduce Wayne in the near future ;)

Offline Brent Barrett

• ScapeCast Staff
  • Scaper
    • The John and Aeryn Site
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 01:36:34 AM »
Very cool Scorpie vid.  :)  Me likes.
The ScapeCast (The Farscape Podcast)

Offline AngelOfMoya

• Mad Vidder Extaordinaire!
  • Scaper
  • Space Princess
    • AvenuePotter.com
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 04:01:35 AM »
This was a very well done vid.  I really liked choice of visuals in the overlays and how you messed with their timing, even pausing some.  This was a very well edited vid.

Offline Li Moss

• Scaper
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 01:20:42 PM »
This was terrific, RASun - very compelling Scorpy/Crichton/wormhole story!  Loved the part that started with John on the operating table and your overlay of scenes ending with him in the Aurora chair.  Wonderful vid!!   :)

Offline jagwriter78

• Lost in the Vortex
  • Scaper
  • icon made by speshulduck :)
    • Duckie's Cave
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 05:18:11 PM »
Is there a smaller version to this? I would love to see it, but I have a rather low daily download limit here at school and that size would just blow it.....
"What should I say? I've never spoken to a serial killer before."
"Be polite and say please and thank you."
~~~~~~~~~~~
                Beth & Joseph, Moonlight

"You're not mating with me, sunshine!"
~~~~~~~~~~~
                Donna Noble, Doctor Who
           "Where are you?"
"Don't know. Staircase."
"Which one? Is there any sort of sign to identify it?"
"Yes, a fire extinguisher!"
"That helps!"
~~~~~~~~~
                 The Doctor & Jackie Tyler, Doctor Who

HumansRSuperior's creative slave  :hug2:

SCAPE TITANS & AERYN POSSIBLE UP FOR GRABS

Offline RadiantAerynSun

• Scaper
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 06:29:37 PM »
Is there a smaller version to this? I would love to see it, but I have a rather low daily download limit here at school and that size would just blow it.....

Jag, I'm sorry for the delay, I meant to have a smaller version posted by now. I'll have it up in a short while.  :)

Offline cordelia

• Astronut
  • visions
    • Vesper
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 06:54:14 PM »
i love the way you played around and experimented with the clips to get the best result. :D this is a very well done video.

KICKASS!!!!

Offline fallinangelz22

• Scaper
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 03:50:22 PM »
Totally creepy and kickass vid! Excellent music choice as well.

You command the stars to do your bidding?  I know you can't.  And you won't.  But I have.

Offline Zhaanstar

• Scaper
  • Icon by me =]
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 06:40:33 PM »
Radiant Aeryn Sun, you did a fablulous job. I bet you worked so hard on this, well everyone works hard on their vids. You did great! I loved it, a really great choice of song. I love that song. Also the lyrics matched so well with your vid. Thanks!  :)

:heartbeat:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 06:41:22 PM by Zhaanstar »
" You better have my dinner ready when I get back on that ship now."~ John from PK Wars

By Zhaanstar

Offline RadiantAerynSun

• Scaper
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 10:58:34 AM »
RAS, I LOVE YOU! :hyper: :hyper: Once again you've wiped my mind blank with awe! :o You've made me think I should retire from vidding! You've made me keel over backwards with amazement! :thud: THIS - VID - KICKS - ASS! :veryhappy:
Oh HRS, thank you!!!!!! And you're not retiring, 'cause you're a vidder that continues to awe and inspire me..all the time!! Thank you so much for your enthusiastic response here..it means so much! (and it was great incentive knowing you were 'waiting' for me to finish this vid...thanks for all your encouragement!)

Tell me, I beg you, how you got the clips to do that cool jittery, shaky thing? I have Vegas too, so pleaaaaaaaaaaase! :bow2: I want to know!

I love it I love it I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT! :heartbeat: :mushy: :lovies: :thud: :hug:
I'm so glad you liked that portion! It was one of the earliest sequences I put in and I am relieved and thrilled to know it seems to be effective. I wanted that sequence to feel pretty frenzied, befitting the slight insanity of that LGM moment and that crazed bit of music seemed like a gift tailor made for that scene. It's just some heavy ghosting, one shorter overlay clip on top of the other. John and Scorp were slightly frenzied/shakey there anyway, so I think that helped some. (Poor John's hand, holding the rod, continues to shake there even after the ghosting is finished.)

Thank you so much, HRS....your shining reply was a complete joy to see so immediately after I posted this ...just can't thank you enough for all your wonderfully enthusiastic comments!! :hug:

Cool vid, great editing job.

Besides Scorpy is my hero.

We are so pleased, we are going to watch it again ;D
Thanks sooo much, Scarran Pimpernel! Scorpy is such an incredible character and it means so much that you enjoyed this vid about your 'hero'! Thank you again for commenting!! :)

Ohh... I was vidding this too :( Oh well wasn't gonna get done anyway... off to download.
Hope you had a chance to see it...and I'd like to see your version, too!

Excellent Scorpy vid. Nice use of long fades and overlays to really set the mood.

All around excellent. The timing was wonderful and the clip choices couldn't have been better. I especially loved the ghosting to the discordant part of the song. That was a great choice to accentuate the music.

Awesome job. :clap2:
Thanks so much LTG!! :) Glad you enjoyed the clip choices and especially that little 'insane' moment with Scorp trying to get John to put the coolent rod in, I'm so happy you felt that scene matched the frenzy of that bit of music. I don't think I realized it fully when I first began vidding this, but now each time I hear that part of the song, it seems to reflect for me the very essence of Scorp and John's entire crazed relationship. Thank you LTG for your wonderful reply! (ETA: So sorry, I just now edited this response to you back in, AOL threw me off before I was finished posting and I lost parts of this message and had to write much of it again)

It's done!! Yay! :clap2: I've really been looking forward to seeing this and you did such a fabulous job with it. Starting with a great song never hurts, and I *adore* this one. Aside from having lots of great musical texture to which you matched the editing so well, it's lyrically ripe for exploring some of the vulnerability and uncertainty in Scorpy as a character -- the fact that he's obsessed with John/wormholes like it's a physical addiction, and the references to his parentage/upbringing. Some moments I loved were the first chorus, with the rush of Aurora chair visuals, the nasty brain-snacking and the clip of Scorpy implanting the chip for the "coming at your for a little more" lyric. That sequence had such impact. Then I found myself perversely enjoying the blood pact scene to the "never needed anybody like this before" line -- dunno if it makes sense, but I love how primal that scene feels when set to Shirley Manson's vocal (versus a male vocal).
Chasa, YESSS..finally got it finished (well, at least up to this stage. I still feel it's a rough piece of wood I am forever sanding! Sighh...so the editing probably will continue as I am still worried about my timing in many places as well as some transitions )
Thank you sooooooo much for all your wonderfully detailed  comments...just knowing you found enjoyment in this vid and that you felt it worked with this incredible song means so much!!!! (I adore the song like mad too, you need only to have seen me sing this in my car over the last few years to know that for sure!  :laugh:) I'm glad you enjoyed the strech of Aurora chair visuals,  'brain-snacking' (great term!) and the chip insertion. It took me a long while to build that up, so it means a tremendous lot to hear from you that it holds such impact, that is what I was striving for! And Boy oh boy do I agree 1000% about the blood pact scene feeling wonderfully primal set against Shirley's amazing vocal vs a male voice, you bet it makes sense, oh yes. That was one of my favorite sections to work on, so I'm thrilled to know you like it! The ghosting of the LGM clips during that frenzied patch of music was something I had put in way before other parts of the vid were even filled. That music was cryin' for an insane moment and I really thought that one fit the bill, I'm so glad you found the sequence effective! Thank you Chasa for this terrific reply!! :hug:

Very cool Scorpie vid. :) Me likes.
Thanks, Brent!! I'm so glad you thought it was a cool vid for Scorpy. It was quite a challenge for me to do my first Scorpius vid, he's so amazing!!

This was a very well done vid. I really liked choice of visuals in the overlays and how you messed with their timing, even pausing some. This was a very well edited vid.
Thank you, AOM! I do have an odd assortment of visuals and tried a few things...so it means alot to know you felt it all worked and that you enjoyed the vid! Thanks so much! :)

This was terrific, RASun - very compelling Scorpy/Crichton/wormhole story!  Loved the part that started with John on the operating table and your overlay of scenes ending with him in the Aurora chair.  Wonderful vid!!   :)
Thanks so much Li Moss! I'm so glad you enjoyed that DMD operating table sequence overlaid with the Aurora chair and wormhole clips. It was a section I worked especially hard on... it's wonderful to know you found it so enjoyable! Thank you for commenting!! :)

Jag, I replied to your PM. I hope you've been able to see the vid now! :)

i love the way you played around and experimented with the clips to get the best result. :D this is a very well done video.

KICKASS!!!!
Thanks Cordelia!! I did do a lot of first time experimenting here, so it makes me so happy to hear you felt things worked so well and that you enjoyed it! Thanks for coming to comment! :)

Totally creepy and kickass vid! Excellent music choice as well.
Thanks so much fallingangelz! I am very happy you found it creepy, that means some of the things I tried did work! I just LOVE this song too! It seemed so suited for Scorpius, it almost felt like a vidders gift! Thanks for your comments! :)

Radiant Aeryn Sun, you did a fablulous job. I bet you worked so hard on this, well everyone works hard on their vids. You did great! I loved it, a really great choice of song. I love that song. Also the lyrics matched so well with your vid. Thanks!  :)

:heartbeat:
Thank you so much Zhaanstar! :hug: I know how much you love watching videos and you have such a super eye, knowing you like my vid so much means a whole lot!!! Thank you for your wonderful reply!! :flower:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:17:19 PM by RadiantAerynSun »

Offline cbglacier

• Mama, Scaper, Browncoat, Whovian, new RN BSN
  • Scaper
  • persevere
    • just a myspace
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 01:59:12 AM »
Wow *shivers* wow.

I don't know that I can say anything original, just what I liked, alot.

You know how I love smooth transitions and this is juts full of them, I especially love the use of swirling, floating wormhole calculations, like thick DNA, amazing

I am also especially fond of matching tempo and lyrics to the clips and you got that in so many places (vampire ;D
the tempo of this song is hard because she sings in one tempo and the music is faster and the clips seem so slow but they are in that perfect place, slow when needed faster when needed
and just so seemless

its dark and eerie and sexy and scary, its a amazing feature of Scorpius and what Wayne gave us as him, a deep, dark, wicked, wry, and awesome

great, great work, all your hardwork paid off P, sorry for my delay
love, me
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 02:00:29 AM by cbglacier »
Anon, Christine

{A+C=B}/0

Offline RadiantAerynSun

• Scaper
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 12:06:12 PM »
Oh Christine, you always give me such wonderful and insightful reviews....how l love reading what you notice and feel about my vids!! :hug:
the tempo of this song is hard because she sings in one tempo and the music is faster and the clips seem so slow but they are in that perfect place, slow when needed faster when needed
and just so seemless
I did worry tons (still am worrying :laugh: ) about my timing and about the 'dueling' tempos, so I am super relieved and happy that you felt my clips flowed at the right pace! You always seem to zero in on certain aspects of a piece of music, ...and what makes the song so special. Thank you for always taking the time to point out what you find interesting in my videos...and for your non-stop support! :flower:

Offline Leviathan

• Scaper
    • Neural Cluster
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 03:43:18 AM »
I really love this video. You know how I love overlays, and RAS you are one of the queens of having really nice flowing overlays. So many clips of Scorpy.. how did you find them all?!  I'm very proud of you for finishing this one, after getting burnt out on it months ago and coming back to it with a vengeance. I knew you could do it.  :)

My most favorite part is the clip of John trying desperately to stab Scorpious with the knife to the lyric 'I've never needed anybody like this before'.  There's just some... very desperate feeling to it. I also loved the Braca kiss  :laugh:.  I'm glad you left that there.. it's perfect for the lyric 'when I'm not sure who I am' and used just after a Sikozu kiss.  :D  I absolutely love the wormhole overlays.. that whole sequence after the knife scene is just beautifully flowing and masterful.  You used some great sequence clips there, including the clip of John taking the blood drip.  That ties nicely in with the near beginning where Scorpy takes his blood (perfect clip, too). That whole part just sums the vid up.

Well there's so much to like about this one and I know I've left stuff out but I at least wanted you to know that you did a wonderful job here.  :clap2:
Farscape videos: Artist Profile
All videos are located at http://www.neuralcluster.net

Offline RadiantAerynSun

• Scaper
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 10:46:16 PM »
I really love this video. You know how I love overlays, and RAS you are one of the queens of having really nice flowing overlays. So many clips of Scorpy.. how did you find them all?! I'm very proud of you for finishing this one, after getting burnt out on it months ago and coming back to it with a vengeance. I knew you could do it. :)

Oh Lev, thank you so much for such a splendid reply...and for putting up so graciously with my whining on (and..sighh.. I'm still whining) about this vid ever since it hit my editing table back in April!! Thanks so much for your support, always telling me I could do it! As for all the Scorpy clips..at one point I felt I'd never gather all the clips I wanted to fill this vid...and even now, I see bits in episodes that I didn't use or forgot about and find I'm kicking myself!

I was so glad when you said you loved that knife scene..I knew it was working then!  And I was hoping someone would feel the same as I did about having the the blood pact scene pick up at the end with John taking the drop..that it kinda summed things up...and you got it! I'm glad I kept the Braca kiss in there too :laugh:..I was thrilled when you got a kick out of why it seemed to work there!!! Thank you soooooo much for the tremendous compliment about my wormhole overlays and that whole section....that means the world coming from you..a master of editing wormhole imagery! :flower:

Thanks again for all your help and constant encouragment...and for this lovely reply! :hug:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 10:48:33 PM by RadiantAerynSun »

Offline lixia

• Astronut
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 04:10:39 PM »
This is now one of my favorites!!

My favorite aspect of the video is the beginning and end. When the video started I got chills  and you ended it very well for everything following. AMAZING effects too. eeep ^___^ so good! And great music choice.

Offline RadiantAerynSun

• Scaper
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Hi Lixia! I was delighted to find your review here..thank you so much! I'm thrilled it had such an effect on you....gave you chills...that's an amazing thing to hear! Thank you again for watching and taking time to leave me such wonderful feedback!!  :)

Offline Captain Aeryn Sun-Crichton

• Dark Lady and Gater
  • Scaper
  • Check out my icons in my Portfolio
    • Art Centre for Benaholics
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 04:10:20 AM »
That's a really good Scorpius vid. The song really fits him. Good job! :clap2: You're such a talented editor. :bow2:

CAS-C
CEO#94

Banner by naughtyd0g

My Terra Firma Portfolio
My fanfics: FS, SW, SG-1, FMA, HL, crossovers
My LJ

Offline RadiantAerynSun

• Scaper
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 08:26:42 PM »
Thank you so much, CAS-C! Thank you for watching and for the wonderful compliments! :)