Author Topic: Vid: Quand elle rit aux éclats (Claudia Black Tribute)  (Read 1213 times)

Aruna7

Vid: Quand elle rit aux éclats (Claudia Black Tribute)
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:59:37 AM »
For a challenge I'm entering, we had to make a celebrity tribute video... And I chose Claudia Black. I used clips from both Farscape and SG-1 (but hope it's okay, I post it here).

After several days of lack of inspiration for several reasons, and clips that were not what I really wanted at first, I finally came up with this video. It's on "Quand elle rit aux éclats" by Vaya Con Dios.

As always feedback is welcome

Offline Kalliope

• Scaper
    • Crackers Don't Matter
Re: Vid: Quand elle rit aux éclats (Claudia Black Tribute)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:46:29 PM »
Great vid, at the first moment I was slightly shocked by your choice to make it b/w, how you took colour out of it btw? Wonderful song, I've always loved Vaya Con Dios, and this accordion... :) Do you mind if I post a link to it at SG-1 boards for Vala/Claudia fans there to enjoy it?
Katarzyna
"I think there's nothing sexier than swordplay." - Stana Katic at Castle panel (Paley event, Beverly Hills, March 16th, 2010)

Offline Alex22

• Scaper
  • Did you get my good side?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 05:49:54 PM »
:clap2:

Great video. It's got a great mood to it - black & white is very fitting for the song.

I especially liked the word 'fatale' coinciding with the headbutt.

Thank you! :hug:

A.  :devil:
Aeryn: "The future? He can barely function in the present!"

C: "Yes I do. I do.."   A: "No, you don't."

Thanks to Viridian - Sponsor of Hugh Jackman pretties. :woo:

Offline cajnjirl

• Scaper
  • up to no good
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 05:49:54 PM »
Really liked this.  The black and white gave it a different feel.
Nice how it was all mixed up with SG-1.

Offline Black is Back

• Astronut
  • This plan is so bad, it must be one of ours.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 06:24:09 PM »
I Loved!! B/W-pictures or vids has alwyas different kind off feeling and i loved that feeling.
 Vaya Con Dios music and french singing fit so well in the mood of this vid. Somehow its sad and melankoly but same time gorgeos :-[
You have brilliant "eye" and tallented you are too :bow2:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 06:26:10 PM by Black is Back »

Offline IriS

• it's beer o'clock, where's my riot?
  • Scaper
    • Precious Illusion
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 06:48:05 PM »
First of all, I *love* Vaya Con Dios, and Quant Elle Rit Aux Eclats is my favorite song by them, so great choice of music!

Second, I love that it's black and white. I just have a weakness for b&w pictures, whether they are still or moving ;)

Very cool video, it was happy and sad at the same time. You did a really nice job!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 06:48:39 PM by IriS »

CBOOL #97 Keeper of Claudia’s dog collar
DMB #97 Mistress of the Shower Massage
SACCer #97 Keeper of Aeryn’s We’re Going To Die & John’s surfer dude persona

Aruna7

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »
Great vid, at the first moment I was slightly shocked by your choice to make it b/w, how you took colour out of it btw? Wonderful song, I've always loved Vaya Con Dios, and this accordion... :) Do you mind if I post a link to it at SG-1 boards for Vala/Claudia fans there to enjoy it?

Thank you very much :) I'm happy to see other Vaya Con Dios fans... The b/w wasn't planned. But I had 3 different sources/ qualities of clips and it was just looking better, if in b/w.. And I liked how it fitted the song and my personal mood. And feel free to post the link at a SG-1 board. I'm glad you thought about it :D

:clap2:

Great video. It's got a great mood to it - black & white is very fitting for the song.

I especially liked the word 'fatale' coinciding with the headbutt.

Thank you! :hug:

A. :devil:

Thanxxxxx :) I'm happy you liked it... And the "fatale" moment was rather fun to do I admit^^ one of the very moments I knew exactly which clip I wanted ;)

Really liked this. The black and white gave it a different feel.
Nice how it was all mixed up with SG-1.

Thank you :) I had made no Farscape / SG-1 crossover before, but had to use an actor/actress whom I had different shows/movies with. And I was not in a BB mood, so it let me the wonderful Claudia Black^^

I Loved!! B/W-pictures or vids has alwyas different kind off feeling and i loved that feeling.
 Vaya Con Dios music and french singing fit so well in the mood of this vid. Somehow its sad and melankoly but same time gorgeos :-[
You have brilliant "eye" and tallented you are too :bow2:

Thanks alot  :-[ I'm surprised of how many Vaya Con Dios fans there are here... Cause among the people I know it's kinda rare. But I'm glad people find it great!!

First of all, I *love* Vaya Con Dios, and Quant Elle Rit Aux Eclats is my favorite song by them, so great choice of music!

Second, I love that it's black and white. I just have a weakness for b&w pictures, whether they are still or moving ;)

Very cool video, it was happy and sad at the same time. You did a really nice job!

I grew up listening to Vaya Con Dios, but always had a weakness for "Quand elle rit aux éclat" I'm glad you liked the vid I made on it. Was quite a hard one to make. But seeing all those wonderful feedback you all give, I'm happy to see it was worth making it. :) Thanks very much!!!

Offline Li Moss

• Scaper
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 12:31:47 PM »
I really enjoyed this vid, Aruna!    :)

I thought the B&W really suited the music and the blending of the two shows.  What a fun idea to put Claudia’s two characters side by side like this.  It really stood out to me what completely different characters she’s created - you definitely know when you're watching Aeryn or Vala. 

I would think this would make people who hadn’t seen one show or the other very curious to check it out!   ;D

Aruna7

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »
I really enjoyed this vid, Aruna! :)

I thought the B&W really suited the music and the blending of the two shows. What a fun idea to put Claudia’s two characters side by side like this. It really stood out to me what completely different characters she’s created - you definitely know when you're watching Aeryn or Vala.

I would think this would make people who hadn’t seen one show or the other very curious to check it out! ;D

Thank you very much Li :) I'm really happy you liked the vid^^ and sure... when you watch it you know when it's Vala or Aeryn ;D

Offline Brent Barrett

• ScapeCast Staff
  • Scaper
    • The John and Aeryn Site
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 09:47:07 PM »
Hey, it's got Farscape in it, so I'll watch it.  (And Claudia doesn't hurt matters either...  ;D )

Love all the Claudia shots.  Lovely piece.   :)

(Another B&W vid, eh?  :D )
The ScapeCast (The Farscape Podcast)

Aruna7

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 04:38:15 AM »
Hey, it's got Farscape in it, so I'll watch it. (And Claudia doesn't hurt matters either... ;D )

Love all the Claudia shots. Lovely piece. :)

(Another B&W vid, eh? :D )

Thanx Brent ;D I'm glad you loved it (okay Claudia is a good pretext lol)
I'm glad you liked it and it's my second B&W vid (the first is an offline Highlander one) but I start to really love B&W ;)

Offline Happyme

• Astronut
  • Icon by Lithium Doll
    • Happyme Productions
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 08:41:06 AM »
I couldn't understand most of the words, but I did enjoy the concept.

This is a really stylish vid.

Aruna7

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 01:58:31 PM »
Thanx alot :) I'm really happy you liked this vid :)
Thanks for your feedback

Offline LT Garrix

• Crais and Talyn are alive!
  • Scaper
  • Crais is alive!
    • Farscape Connection
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 09:22:09 AM »
The black and white really fits the mood of the music. I don't understand the lyrics, but it was still a very enjoyable vid. It was lots of fun to see the two characters.

Kalliope, video editors have color settings that will allow you to make things B&W. Many can control the color so you could turn it all purple if you really wanted to. :)

Aruna7

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 01:59:50 PM »
The black and white really fits the mood of the music. I don't understand the lyrics, but it was still a very enjoyable vid. It was lots of fun to see the two characters.

Thanks LTG :) I'm glad you liked it, and that reminds me I should translate the non English songs I use >_< will think about it next times :)

Offline BlueCatShip

• Scaper Browncoat
  • Scaper
  • You can be more!
    • ShinyFiction.com by Ben W. BlueCatShip
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 03:06:07 PM »
I just saw the thread title -- lol, the French caught my eye -- and I'll be sure to check this out. Hmm, I might like the band too. I'll see about lyrics and try my hand (or ear, rather) at a translation, to flex my muscles.

Ooh, I also see you have three Dark Angel videos, I must check out those too. :agreed:

-----

Edited To Add:

That is, I *would* download the lyrics and translate, but no version I've found so far has the accented letters remotely right. Wrong character sets, wrong encoding, or both, so that it's half junk. -- I found one version of the words (lyrics) that's somewhat close. When I've listened to the video, I should know more.

Aarrgh, it isn't as though accented letters were uncommon, either. Nor is French exactly a rare, unknown language... grrr. ...Je suis en train de pinceant sa tête, ces idiots embêttants qui ne saient pas dactyler les alphabets accentués.... Oh, sorry, francophone tempermental moment, there. :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 03:38:45 PM by BlueCatShip »
BlueCatShip | Ben W.
* "You can be more." ~ Farscape * "You can't take the sky from me." ~ Firefly Serenity *
ShinyFiction.com by Ben W. BlueCatShip

Aruna7

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 04:54:45 PM »
I just saw the thread title -- lol, the French caught my eye -- and I'll be sure to check this out. Hmm, I might like the band too. I'll see about lyrics and try my hand (or ear, rather) at a translation, to flex my muscles.

Ooh, I also see you have three Dark Angel videos, I must check out those too. :agreed:

-----

Edited To Add:

That is, I *would* download the lyrics and translate, but no version I've found so far has the accented letters remotely right. Wrong character sets, wrong encoding, or both, so that it's half junk. -- I found one version of the words (lyrics) that's somewhat close. When I've listened to the video, I should know more.

Aarrgh, it isn't as though accented letters were uncommon, either. Nor is French exactly a rare, unknown language... grrr. ...Je suis en train de pinceant sa tête, ces idiots embêttants qui ne saient pas dactyler les alphabets accentués.... Oh, sorry, francophone tempermental moment, there. :rotfl:

I'm glad French caught your eyes ;) I hope you will like the video, I have 2 others Farscape videos in store on French songs, so you might have other opportunity to stretch your translation muscle. And if you want I can send you a version of the lyrics with ALL the good accents if you're interested :)